Sunday, August 18, 2019

Ode To A Kindred Spirit

      

In the silence of the endless night,

In the stillness of the lonely hour,

From every emotion left unheeded,

And every word left unspoken –

Rises the desire burning, soaring

To meet a soul akin to mine.


From childhood’s very distant hour,

I have felt a different feeling,

Dreamed a different dream,

And the song that flowed,

Through my youthful soul,

Was from an alien land.


Youthful frolic was not mine to have,

Nor the carefree days of springtime-

And life and love of my childhood days,

Left me feeling cold and void;

The prime of youth passed away soon,

Yet untamed by human souls.


Long did I sigh into the night,

‘Is there none with heart like mine?’

That beats in a similar rhythm,

Pounds in a familiar tone?

So solitude I chose, she was my rest

In a world, I did not understand.


But through the echoes of the times,

My heart still aches for an unknown name,

The soul reaches of its own accord,

And gropes for another spirit;

Somewhere- waiting, wandering, lost,

For the want of a bosom mate.


My kindred spirit, one day I’ll find,

Together we’ll soar on castled skies,

Our hearts for once shall beat aloud,

They’ll soar and shout with common pound;

And the pain of a thousand unspoken words,

Shall vanish into the silence of the night.


O kindred spirit I’ll wait for thee,

Across all passing of time;

And a moment’s gaze shall fulfill,

The longing we were so long denied; 

Finding comfort in sweet embrace,

We’ll weave together a lifelong dream.


I’ll wait for thee, O kindred soul-

But if we don’t each other find,

Let’s play our parts in this world we live,

Leaving memories of a life well-lived;

And like the starry stillness of the evening 

sky,

Untamed, our spirits still shall rise.....

No comments:

Post a Comment