Thursday, November 7, 2019

Masters of the Mind


My thoughts are 

The masters of my mind,

They cannot be unheeded,

Spurned or ignored;

My thoughts are my accusers,

They condemn me;

Yet sometimes

They are my sanctuary,

A place of release and escape,

Magical woods

Waiting to be explored,

A bewitching world,

Where I can find

The exhilaration of a new feeling,

The twinge of pleasure

At a new hope,

Be drunk with a new thought

That surpasses, transcends

All I have known before,

And live the exultation

Of a new dream

Dawning upon my soul;

Though these prolific reveries

Enchant and torment by turn, 

Will life be worth it

If I have never been intoxicated

With maddening thoughts

Flitting through my brain,

And a new vision

Feeding my soul?

For they do not shriek to be uttered,

But are contented

To roam the mazes of my mind,

And feed upon

The profoundness of my soul;

Slipping away softly,

Once they’ve strolled

Down the pathways of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment